- 1996 - 1997 - Lecturer, Department of Social Policy, University of Edinburgh. 
- 1997 - 2000 - Research Fellow, Personal Social Services Research Unit (PSSRU), University of Kent at Canterbury. 
- 2000 - 2006 - Lecturer and then Senior Lecturer in Social Policy, Department of Urban Studies, University of Glasgow 
- 2006 - Dec 2010 - Reader and then Professor of Social Policy, Dept of Social and Policy Sciences, University of Bath 
- 2008 - Dec 2010 - Bath University Tobacco Control Research Group
- 2011 - present - Professor, School of Management, University of Stirling 
BA (Hons) University of Toronto, 1993, PhD (Social Policy) University of Edinburgh, 1997. 
Ms Bauld is a proponent of anti-smoking tactics, publishing numerous papers that are distinctly anti-tobacco.
In a frenzy of hyperbole, she accused Pro-Smoking bloggers of a campaign of harassment:
As noted elsewhere however, there was no loud screaming from tobacco-control, of which Ms Bauld is a member, when articles, videos and even video games openly advocate the assaults, or even murder, of smokers.
Conflicts of interest
Ms Bauld is one of the founding members of TobaccoTactics.org - an anti-smoking website.
The site was created on 20 April 2011 , is cited as:
And thus was created when
Despite having no relevant qualifications in the fields of health, economics or statistics, but as a staunch supporter of anti-smoking tactics, Ms. Bauld was commissioned to produce a report assessing the UK smoking ban 5 years after to was brought in.
Sadly the report stated, among other things,
a view at odds with more authoritative report produced in 2011 demonstrating a strong correlation between the introduction of smoking bans, and the decline of the number of pubs open in three different countries which had three different introduction dates (thus ruling out the economic climate as a potential other reason.)
-  - LinkedIn
- tobaccotactics.org showing "Registered On" date whois
- Editorial Oversight section - Tobacco Tactics homepage;
- Bath part of £5 million research centre to tackle smoking - Bath University