Simon Chapman is a vociferous opponent of smoking, who currently resides in Australia.
- 1992 - 1997 - Deputy editor of the BMJ's Tobacco Control
- 1994 - 1996 - 'Co-convenor' of Coalition for Gun Control
- 1997 - 2006 - Member of The Cancer Council New South Wales 
- 1998 - 2008 - Editor of the BMJ's Tobacco Control
- 1999 - 2002 - Chairman of the Australian Consumer' Association
- 2000 - current - Professor of Public Health at the University of Sydney
- Nov 2008 - current - (Paid) Board member of Cancer Australia
- 1996 - current - Member of ASH (Chairman 1992-2001)
- 1970 - 1972 - BA Sociology, psychology, philosophy, English at University of New South Wales
- 1977 - MQP Sociology at University of New South Wales
- 1984 - PhD Department of Preventive and Social Medicine at University of Sydney
Conflicts of interest
In 1995, Mr Chapman tried to get a paper that concluded that passive smoking didn't cause lung cancer doctored to show that passive smoking did cause lung cancer.
- Simon Chapman's Curriculum Vitae